We see Mary, in Luke 1:34, asking the question how shall this be? There are many situations confronting us today and we are equally asking the question how shall this be? You may desire to be married or to have a child or to land a major contract, and you are asking how shall this be?
It was a special season for Mary and she was calm while talking with the angel. It is important that we demonstrate the right attitude during our season of favour. Favour is a spiritual influence upon your heart and the physical manifestation will always come out into the open.
Favour makes you to be at the right place at the right time. Favour open doors that will not ordinarily open on its own. When God open doors for you no man can shut it, and when He shut doors no one can open it. God has all the power and He can do all things.
Four things to help our attitude:
- Mary had the right attitude to the promise of God. Lk 1:34
- Mary understood the purpose of the favour. Lk 1:38
- Mary understood the power in the Word of God to bring it to pass. Jn 6:63
- Mary understood the promotion that comes by the Word. Gal 6:9
What to know about Favour:
- There is a set time for favour. Ps 102:13, Exo 12:36
- The set time is determined by God. Dan 1:9-10; Prov 21:1
- Favour is a force. Esther 5:2
- Favour can grow as it can diminish. Luke 2:52
- The favour of God is for a lifetime. Psalm 30:5
What to do to have favour:
- Believe in the Word of God. 2 Chro 20:20
- Acknowledge the Word of God. Prov 3:5-6
- Pray in the Holy Ghost. Jude 20
As believers the very first day that we gave our lives to God, favour has been implanted into us and people will begin to favour us. Also, when it is your special season of favour, God will raise men for you. The favour of God is for the purpose of bringing the Kingdom of God to bear on earth. Genesis 39:21, But the LORD was with Joseph, and shewed him mercy, and gave him favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison.